Everything you need to know about Squarespace 7.1
Squarespace 7.1 was released early this year and has more options when it comes to styling and adding content than previous versions.
This version focusses on ease of use when it comes to building pages and has a wider range of design options. The new version comes away from templates and makes it easier for those less tech savvy to design sleeker looking sites.
One of my favourite things about Squarespace 7.1 is that because there is less focus on templates you have more control over design elements in your site and making global design changes to things like colour and fonts is easier.
The main features of 7.1 are:
- Page sections - you can add pre built sections to any page.
- Themes - you can make large scale font and colour changes to your site.
- Templates - there's no need to switch template in 7.1 as all templates support all feature and style options.
- Banners - you can add banners to any page.
- No developer mode - this is a big one for those who rely on deverloper mode for their business! Luckily I don't use developer mode as I prefer to add custom code into the backend to ensure the client can still manage the site themselves, post development. If you do use developer mode, you can still use Squarespace version 7.0
- Portfolio - create styled landing pages that encourage visitors to explore your work.
- Mobile - sites adapt to mobile automatically so you don't need to worry about mobile options.
Get started with 7.1
To start designing a site with Squarespace 7.1, click here.